QUALITY WORLD-CLASS PRODUCTS
Flagship brands such as Norlevo®, Sterimar™ and Hedelix®
"Eases coughing, relieves bronchial spasms, thins mucus, suitable for the
whole family even babies and children"
What is Hedelix® COUGH SYRUP and what is it indicated for
Hedelix® Cough Syrup helps to relieve bronchial spasms, thins bronchial mucus and enables expectoration (coughing up and expelling mucus), thus relieving an irritated cough and helping you to breathe more easily.
Hedelix® COUGH SYRUP works in three ways:
• Provides relief from a cough
• Thins and loosens phlegm (mucus) in the airways
• Alleviates the symptoms of the common cold affecting the respiratory tract and those associated with chronic
inflammatory bronchial diseases
What does Hedelix® COUGH SYRUP contain?
Hedelix® contains a plant extract which is extracted from the leaves of the English ivy. Hedera, commonly known as ivy, is a well-known climbing plant that has been widely used in medicinal products since ancient times.1
Key benefits of Hedelix® Cough Syrup:
• Sugar free - may be used in diabetics
• Alcohol-free - non-sedating and suitable for use in athletes and people who need to avoid alcohol
• Free from preservatives and colourants
• Suitable for babies from birth, 2,5 ml per day
How does Hedelix® Cough Syrup compare to other products that contain ivy leaf extract?
In a study comparing the efficacy and tolerability of two different ivy leaf extracts in patients with acute bronchitis, Hedelix® Cough Syrup with its ‘soft’ extract of ivy leaf was proven to have the same efficacy and tolerability as other products containing dry extract of ivy leaf.2
1. Product information as supplied by the manufacturer.
2. Cwientzek U, Ottilinger B, Arenberger P. Acute Bronchitis Therapy with Ivy Leaves Extracts in a Two-Arm Study.
A Double-Blind Randomised Study vs. Another Ivy Leaves Extract. Pytomedicine 2011; 18:1105-1109.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Hedelix® Cough Syrup is suitable for the entire family.
• Each 100 ml syrup contains 0,8 g extract of ivy leaves (Hedera helix)
• Contains glycerol and sorbitol (sugar alcohols)
• Hedelix® Cough Syrup includes a practical dosing syringe in its packaging. This syringe and the specially designed spout in the
bottle's neck prevent any spillage and allow for more accurate dosing in children and infants
• Hedelix® Cough Syrup can be used for six months once opened and will preserve for 36 months when unopened
Hedelix® Cough Syrup - Patient Information Leaflet